Job Vacancies for English Lecturer Positions
Recruiter Languages Department, School of Languages and General Education
Location Walailak University, Thasala, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Thailand.
Job Type English Lecturer
Hours Teach Up to 25 hours/week
Walailak University School of Languages and General Education is accepting applications for English Lecturer positions. There are currently 19 positions open for the following working contract:
*Contract 1 – Full-time teaching only
*Contract 2 – Teaching plus research
*The contract depends on the result of the screening and as agreed upon by both parties.
General Job Description:
- Teach General/Academic English Courses for undergraduate students.
- Teach from 16/25 hours/week (depends on the job contract)
– Contract 1 (Full time teaching) at least 25 hours
– Contract 2 (Research and teaching) at least 16 hours
- Conduct formative and summative assessments.
- Perform academic services as assigned.
- Be a course coordinator and be a part of course development
- Must complete UKPSF certification.
*For teaching and research contract – Conduct research and publish an article in a Scopus-Indexed journal (in the 2nd year).
Please note that job description may vary depending on the working contract. The detailed job descriptions will be provided in the job contract.
- Salary ranges from 35,000 – 60,000 Baht
* The university will consider the salary rate according to the academic qualifications, knowledge, capabilities, and experience, following the regulations specified by the university.
- University accommodation (Apartment/House)
- Health insurance and annual medical check-up
- Others, which will be detailed in the contract
- Assistance for a visa and work permit to meet the current regulations of the Thai government
- Free yearly renewal of visa and work permit
- Opportunity to become permanent staff
- Career growth (academic promotion)
Application Documents and procedure:
- Download and complete this application form: Attach a recent 1-inch formal photo to the completed application form: https://bit.ly/3VefX5e
1.1 Application form
1.2 Reference letter (Testimonial – to be sent by the referee to the email as instructed)
- Copies of a Degree Diploma and Transcript of records of Bachelor’s degree and higher
- A copy of English proficiency test score (for Non-native English speaker)
- A copy of national ID card or government official ID card or passport
- Send your application documents in one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org / cc: email@example.com
- Email with subject: “Application for English Lecturer Positions”
Note: Only complete application documents will be given priority.
- Administrative screening (if pass, then proceed to #2)
- Interview online: Teaching demo, research presentation, and Q & A (if you pass, you will receive an offer letter and the contract to sign, then #)
- Document processing of Visa and work permit
Further inquiries send to: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com