Message from the Dean of School of Languages and General Education
Management Report of the School for Fiscal Year 2020
Greetings to All Readers!
In the past budget year of 2020 (1 October 2019 – 30 September 2020), it was the challenging year of the School of Languages and General Education since the epidemic situation of COVID-19 still on the go. However, the school had developed in many aspects per below:
Organizational Development Aspect
• Set up the working groups to enhance the Participative Management of school members.
• Joined the Quality Assurance (QA) evaluation program in the school level according to WUQA-S standard for the first time in the year of 2019 and the evaluation result was in the “Good” level or equal to 3.88
• Supported lecturers to become professional lecturers according to the UKPSF standard. There are 20 lecturers who received UKPSF certificates which accounted for 44% of all the lecturers within the school.
Teaching and Learning Aspect
• Established General Education 2021 structure which consisted of 4 areas of study: Languages, Humanity and Sociology, Science and Technology, and General Knowledge
• Set up new subjects in General Education department which are Sports and Exercise, and Technique Communication in Contemporary World.
• Established the project “Online Learning in General Education, Walailak University” to let high school students or those who graduated high school to learn online General Education subjects in advance.
• Adjusted the teaching, evaluating, and student development for more than 9,000 students to 100% online in time that the school cannot organize face to face study to maintain the quality and benefits for learners.
• Developed the system to take care of students so failed students are less than 1% of total students.
• Improved the environment and system to support the research writing which allowed research articles to be published in international journals in the SCOPUS database. The school had an achievement score for 1:1 publication of 48.2% which was the highest in Social Science Schools and ranked number 3 in all the schools in Walailak University.
I would like to thank all of you for your interest and in following the information on this website. I gladly welcome to hear comments and feedbacks from all of you. It is extremely important for the improvement of our school in moving forward.
Assistant Professor Dr. Pongsathorn Dechatiwongse Na Ayuthaya
Acting Dean of School of Languages and General Education